Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Sewing and stuff

Not only have I gotten back on the blogging kick, I also have been sewing again.  I have been inspired by some new fabrics and the end of summer.  
Mom gave me a lot of great fabric - especially for little girls.  Most of it is leftover from things she made for me. :)

Here's one of the dresses I made.  Does anyone remember Herself the Elf from the '80s?  Kate loves the "little fairies".

This is the first dress that I have made from an actual pattern!!  It was really easy, much easier than I thought it would be.
http://www.oliverands.com/blog/2009/08/popover-sundress-free-downloadable-pattern.html



I made this chalk board for our front porch - it's nice for Kate to use her sidewalk chalk.


Kate just loves her sweet tea (and mine!).  Does anyone else find this odd?
I will make a special watered down cup for her, but she knows mine is the full strength version and steals it.  


"but it's loaded with anti-oxidants and caffeine free, Mom!"


This was a great weekend for us - our anniversary weekend.  We stayed at home except for the trip to the gardens.  I took a photo of Kate with her mashed potatoes because she said they were her favorite food.  I asked her what her favorite colors were, and she said, "yellow and pink!!"  Then I asked who her best buddies were... she said, "Mommy, Daddy and Jake!!"  Melt my heart!!  :)

So I may have sewn over my finger this weekend working on slipcovers... owwwww!!!  A little bleeding but nothing too major.  It was bound to happen at some point!  One day this project will be complete.....
 

No comments:

Post a Comment